Use our handy web questionnaire to find out which course is most suitable for your skills and experience.
PADI Advanced Open Water
The PADI Advanced Open Water course aims to expand on your existing scuba diving skills, whilst introducing you to some new and exciting types of dives. You will complete five dives covering varying specialised areas, including two key skill dives: Navigation and Deep. Along with your Instructor you will decide on the additional three dives, which may cover subjects such as Wreck diving, Peak Performance Buoyancy or Multi-Level diving.
On completion of the PADI Advanced Open Water course you will be qualified to dive to a maximum depth of 30 metres (21 metres for Junior Advanced Open Water).
- 10 years of age or over
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or equivalent certification from another organization)
- Be certified medically fit to dive by completing the PADI Medical questionnaire, including sign-off from your GP if required
- Have completed the home study as detailed in the PADI learning materials
What can I expect?
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course can be completed over the course of one weekend, plus some additional time for home study. We complete all five dives at an open water dive site, typically three dives on the first day followed by two dives on the second day.
During the weekend your Instructor will review your home study work.
How much will it cost and what do I need to bring?
Students need to bring their swimming gear and your own mask and snorkel. In addition we recommend bringing appropriate clothing to wear in-between dives, such as a coat and hat/gloves in colder weather, or a hat and sunglasses in warmer weather.
- PADI Advanced Open Water: £425 - Book here
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver – Drysuit Upgrade: £85 - Book here
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver with Drysuit or PPB speciality: £595 - Book here
What can I do after this course?
- PADI Specialities such as Deep Diver, Wreck Diver
- PADI Rescue Diver
- Escorted dives